What water crises? We literally have water falling from the sky, Minister of Water Resources claims

Reports from United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Pakistan Council of Research in Water Development (PCRWR) have surfaced which suggest that Pakistan is running head on towards water scarcity. With the speculations that Pakistan might be running dry as early as 2025, there is immense pressure on the authorities to take diligent action to prevent such a disaster.

Pakistan’s Federal Minister of Water Resources, Faisal Vawda, thinks it’s unlikely that such a catastrophe is likely to happen. “Think about it,” he said, “60 percent of our body is water. Even if water runs out, our bodies would still have enough water on which the remaining 40 percent could function.”

“People who are speculating that Pakistan is moving towards water scarcity have never been out of the houses. I ask them; what crises? We literally have water falling from the sky. Do you think it’s going to stop raining? Look at the flooded streets of Lahore and tell me again.”

“I do understand that people living in drought-prone areas need to be more careful with their water usage. That is why I request them to stop taking so many showers. The key to solving the water crisis is to use less water. You tell me, how are we supposed to consistently provide a sufficient amount of water if people shower twice a day? Look at me, I haven’t showered in one month and vow not to take one until this crisis is resolved. I request my fellow Pakistanis to do the same,” Vawda professed, “does my heroic sacrifice makes me Gandhi? I don’t know but I am sure that I’m not any less resilient, if not more.”

Sarcasmistan is a satirical news website and our articles are strictly for entertainment purposes. Explore our “About” page for more information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *